[3830] ARRLDX SSB EA5ON SOSB/15 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB EA5ON SOSB/15 QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 04:06:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: EA5ON
Operator(s): EA5ON
Station: EA5ON

Class: SOSB/15 QRP
QTH: Valencia
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  76     23
   10:
-------------------
Total:  76     23  Total Score = 5,244

Club: Torrent Contest Club

Comments:

In the CW leg I missed Saturday which was apparently the good day. For phone, I
was able to make it on Saturday and Iâ??m glad I did. Condx werenâ??t great but
with perseverance I was able to work almost all the stations I could hear. The
band did not seem to open further west than Ohio, although I heard other EU
stations working further west. My antenna? Perhaps, lifeâ??s tough for a ham
living in a city centre apartment. Sunday the band opened late, poor, and
south, managed to get another 10 or so QSOs in the log and a couple more
states.

Even in small setups like mine, Murphy comes to visit. Still no way to get N1MM
to talk to my 765. Noted the SWR is still intermittent (I guess a bad connection
on the matching section). The VFO knob on the 765, one of the smoothest Iâ??ve
ever had, suddenly went hard, as if dirt had gotten into itâ?¦.

In any case I canâ??t complain, 76 QSOs with 5w with a SFI of 78 on Sunday is
not bad.

Rig: IC 765
Pwr: 5w
Antenna: OB6-3M (2 ele on 15) at 27MH

Thanks to all those FB ops with good ears who must have had a hard time pulling
me out of the noise. CU in WPX

73 de Duncan EA5ON