[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, locust57@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:40:56 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 23

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   4      1
   80:   8      4
   40:  19     15
   20:  25     17
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  56     37  Total Score = 2,072

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

All the stars were pretty much in alignment tonight here.  I was bound and
determined to make up for last week's equipment and operator problems.  At
02:45 with 33 Q's in the bag, I had high hopes to finally break 60 Q's but it
didn't happen.  Still a rush, though.  Apologies for some initial callsign QLF
on the keyboard, folks, and an unintentional attempt to dupe KZ5D.

At the Contest Forum in Visalia, our great Chairman K0AD had put the following
question on the agenda:  Can Remote Contesting Truly Compete with the
Non-Remote Contesting?  Tonight my answer is YES - as long as all equipment
works OK and the operator isn't too QLF :^)

Nice to have 20m with us tonight.  Just before the NS started, there were some
S9 +20, +30 & +40 dB over signals rockin' through the Locust Peak TH3, Jr. via
the remote widgetry to the home QTH.  This remote stuff amazes me at times,
especially since I don't understand how it really all works.

73 & Tnx for all the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust