[3830] IARU K6LRG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wm@largeradio.org
Subject: [3830] IARU K6LRG M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:33:04 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6LRG
Operator(s): N6WM N6ML
Station: K6LRG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:    6             3       0
   80:   83      2     13       5
   40:  231     53     28      13
   20:  430    295     38      42
   15:  111      8     19      21
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  861    358    101      81  Total Score = 724,178

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Like one of those college sleep deprivation tests, N6WM and N6ML were able to
get through this despite various stages of this, myself rolling into this test
with 3 hours of sleep after a full work week, and ML staying on the hill well
beyond plan.

Did an experiment and used Win-test at K6LRG for the first time..  Apoligize
for some occasional logger related/learning curve cw qlf's while we tried to
get a handle of some of the finer details of this logging program.

Conditions not the best, but managed to get a few on 15 and even a few zones on
160(6,7,8 of course) but most of activity on 20/40.  20 wasnt that terribly bad,
an example would be we dont routinely hear A7 as good as we did from the San
Francisco Bay.. and the low power R3's were fair copy occasionally.  Did manage
to get quite a few WRTC competitors in the log.  Monitored the WRTC competitor
progress with their FB online scoring system during off times.

Thanks to all for the Q's, and overall another great effort from K6LRG.
Special thanks to Iain N6ML for sticking it out up on the hill with me beyond
original commitment and great to hear so many NCCC members as well as some of
the local Livermore gang on the air, we really appreciate your calls and
support.  also congrats to Steve K6AW on a FB cw only effort from N6RO along
with all the other great local efforts from north 6 land.

73 and seeya next time!
Chris
N6WM

Station:
Elecraft K3/100
K1EL WinKeyer
N8LP Pan/Creative EM0202
Alpha 86
Logger: Win-Test
Antennas:
Force 12 C3SH @ 50 ft
Cushcraft Shorty 40 2L on crank up
80 Meter Inverted L wire
Cushcraft MA-160V vertical
All on 1900 a ft hill above the east Livermore wind farms.