[3830] CQWW SSB WX3B M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WX3B M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 06:26:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B N8IVN KB3CS NY3A N3WZR N3YIM N3VOP AK3Z
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   51     8       13
   80:  237    21       65
   40:  271    30       91
   20:  552    34      119
   15:  617    30      121
   10:  151    17       36
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

CQWW SSB Comments â?? WX3B perspective

Entering the CQWW DX contest - planning a managing a multi-operator event is a
major undertaking and I congratulate Dennis, N8IVN and his team leadership over
the entire guest-staffed group of contesters at WX3B this weekend!
This was the first semi-serious attempt by a team to produce a measured result
in this contest â?? and the two primary operators (N8IVN and KB3CS) have less
than two years contesting experience â?? I believe this was only their second
CQWW SSB event â?? good  work, guys!

Talk about shell-shockâ?¦.going from a contest like Worked All Europe where you
can simply sit down and call CQ on nice quite band, to the absolute SLUG-FEST on
40 and 20 meters.

>From the results by band, it sure looks like 15 meters was the fun place to be
this weekend.

Congratulations to everyone on the team â?? got a couple interesting comments
while at W3LPL over the weekend including â??Hey Jimâ?¦..want to come here and
hear yourself CQing on 10 metersâ???
Another interesting tidbit was watching WX3B spots over the weekend including
one German spot at 9:00zulu on 40 meters.  Evidently it is possible to run
Europe that late.

My own personal highlight was running stations Saturday night on 75 meters.
That is made possible by the new phased vertical transmitting antennas!  Thanks
to Kam N3KS for the 12 months of encouragement and hardware assistance to make t
his project a reality.  It ROCKED my 80 meter world.

â?¦And nowâ?¦..itâ??s time to start thinking aboutâ?¦..SWEEPSTAKES!!!

73,

Jim   WX3B