[3830] ARRL 160 W3UA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ua@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W3UA M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 08:36:05 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W3UA
Operator(s): RV3ACA, NU3C, W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 1315  Sections = 78  Countries = 51  Total Score = 430,215

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

We discovered the exact locations of the source of the S-9 noise we have at our
QTH. Not just one, but two towers of the 230 KV National Grid line (not the
PSNH low voltage wires, which can be fixed quickly). It may take a couple of
months for these guys to take the whole run of the power line down, and fix it.
So, most likely, no good reception till spring. Hopefully, by next contest
season we will be interference free. As of now, we can only jealously see how
our friends' scores climbs, while we enjoying 60 Hz modulated noise, covering
all weak signals...