[3830] NAQP CW KB9OWD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KB9OWD Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 22:23:40 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:   36    21
   80:  101    39
   40:   76    32
   20:   54    22
   15:   32     9
   10:    9     2
-------------------
Total:  308   125  Total Score = 38,500

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Snow Drift

Comments:

I actually got on longer than I figured I would.  Tiff and I welcomed our first
child a week ago today (new years baby!!).  I planned to make about 50 qso's
throughout the day, just enough to contribute a few points to the team.  There
was no game plan for this one and I was at home, so a simple wire about 20 feet
off the ground.

I played in between time with baby Owen and company coming to visit and meet
Owen.  Things I noticed in my limited time:

10 was wide open to the west coast right off the bat here.

I had as many mults (minus 1) on 160 as I did on 20.  My wire don't really tune
there and I get about 30 watts out of it.  So, conditions must have been o.k. on
160.

I may be out of the swing of things for a few weeks while we welcome our newest
addition but will be back for the ARRL tests in February (at least as of now!).
Thanks to Pat, WW9R for getting the teams together!  Had fun jumping in and out
all day as time permitted for a few minutes here and there.

73,

Ryan KB9OWD