[3830] NAQP CW WA6L Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WA6L Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 22:34:34 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WA6L
Operator(s): WA6L
Station: WA6L

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:  36     19
   20:  56     26
   15:   5      5
   10:
-------------------
Total:  97     50  Total Score = 4,850

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

On the last day of 2010, my tower came down in a wind storm.  If you aren't
squeamish, you can look at the pictures at http://www.wa6l.com/damage

So I worked this contest with a end-fed zepp cut for 40 meters that I ran from
the top of my tower stump.  It works surprisingly well on 40, 20, and 10.  It
will also work on 15 with a lot of tuning.

With all that said, it wasn't that tough making QRP contacts.  I worked about 6
hours, and averaged a contact every 3-1/2 minutes; all S&P.  I'm happy with that
and I had fun doing it.

73,

John, WA6L