[3830] BARTG Sprint VE7CC(@VE7SV) SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7cc@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint VE7CC(@VE7SV) SO Expert HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:59:30 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VE7CC
Operator(s): VE7CC
Station: VE7SV

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

   80:  219   219
   40:  236   236
   20:  548   548
   15:    3     3
   10:
-----------------
Total: 1006  1006  Mults = 83  Total Score = 500,988

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

With the WWV numbers I expected much better condtions.  Openings to Europe were
short and mostly weak signals.  First Eu on 20 was at 1330Z.  Last Eu at 1700Z.
 Also worked 13 Eu on 40 meters.  Made a grand total of 88 European qsos,
exactly the same as the number of JA qsos.  With little incentive to work all
bands I only made 3 qsos on 15.  The rate was just not there compared to 20.

The day after the contest I worked A61BK and VU2NKS on RTTY.  Missed both of
those mults in the contest.  By the way, both of these contacts were on 80
meters.  VU2NKS sent me an email saying he was running a barefoot K3 to a
dipole.  So how come this doesn't happen during a contest?

Lee