[3830] RTTY WPX K6UFO(@NN7SS) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K6UFO(@NN7SS) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:38:42 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:    0
   40:   48
   20:  188
   15:  124
   10:   12
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I'm pleased to have worked 19 "new ones" to bump up
my RTTY DXCC totals,  I've never chased paper QSLs
on RTTY, and most of my operating has been from NN7SS,
W6YX, WX5S, ... so my RTTY DXCC totals in Lotw were
a measly two dozen before these last couple RTTY
contests. When everyone confirms in Lotw, this will
put me well over the first 100.

Since I was fishing for new ones, I used packet spots
and the amp. It's just like shooting fish in a barrel...
and about as much fun. When I ran out of new ones in
the spots, I'd tune for myself, and if I was on your
frequency when you CQed I'd give you a call.

Friday night was good with nine new ones before I hit
the sack. Saturday morning to Europe brought four more,
then only one new in the rest of the day, until 23Z
when I switched to the North American Sprint SSB - QRP!
I didn't bother going back on low bands Saturday night.
Sunday morning to Europe brought two new ones before
the bands folded early, due to M class flare? I
checked periodically through Sunday and added three
more new ones before the final bell.

Anyway, RTTY is fun, even with high power and packet
spots...  Everybody QSL to Lotw please!

K6UFO  Mork!

20m-10m: C-31XR at 71ft.
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft