[3830] RTTY WPX KL5DX(@KL7AA) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5xz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KL5DX(@KL7AA) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:50:08 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KL5DX
Operator(s): AL2R, AL4S, KL0AR, KL3FE, KL3FK, KL7MM, KL7SB, N6SPP, N5XZ
Station: KL7AA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AK
Operating Time (hrs): 40

------------
   80:    7
   40:   55
   20:  876
   15:  233
   10:    0
------------

Club: Alaska Contest Club

Comments:

This was a part serious contest effort and part training event for budding new
contesters here in the Anchorage, AK area. We had a total of 9 operators
including myself here, some made only a few contacts, but got thier taste of a
real contest operation. This event worked out very well and I think more locals
will want to use the station now. A BIG thanks to Rich AL4S for the N1MM setup
and integration with the K3. He took the best of the macros he found online
along with some fromt the Contest University I attended last year in Dayton and
automated this contest. The "Log then PoP" Macro worked GREAT! BTW, other than
the Mexican RTTY contest last week, this was my first big RTTY contest ever. My
apologies for some of the funbles I made during the test (esp. apolgies to
AA5AU). I think I got the RTTY bug now, (CW is still my favorite, though). Band
conditions were superb (relative to what we're used to) except that 20 kinda
died out on the 2nd night. Not much 40 or 80 and we burnt up the 80 meter

As always, thanks to the Anchorage Amateur Radio Club KL7AA for the use of
thier station and equipment.

Rig: Elecraft K3
Amp: Acom 2000A
Ant: 3-el Yagi up 40 ft
     SteppIR Vertical on Roof
S/W: N1MM V11.2.3

This will be my last contest from this station as my job in Anchorage is coming
to and end and I will be working in Houston starting next month. So look for me
in contests more often from home as N5XZ and other Houston area contest
locations. It's been great! I made a lot of friends and had experiences I shall
never forget.

73, Allen N5XZ