[3830] RTTY WPX KL7RA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KL7RA M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:04:51 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA  AL7IF
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
   80:   85
   40:  441
   20:  847
   15:  848
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

First time in years 15 was open all day and we could just sit and run for almost
nine hours on the same freq. 20 was open to Europe all night and 15 had a few
hours. 40 was excellent the first night for the double points.

RTTY contests have more then enough activity and any contester still not into
dittle should be as this is the way the world is heading. Lots of new  hams to
work, JA is back full blast with endless runs. I know it's not CW but neither
is SSB.

With the big one, ARRL DX next weekend I didn't want to abuse the gear so we
used extra fans and kept it around 1000 watts which keep everything nice and
cool. We kept the station mostly in RUN mode but did a few hours both nights in
S/P so we had someone in the chair for the full 48 hours.

Not sure what we could have done for a better score except maybe read the
Logging software manual at least once if only briefly. We prefer to use the
"guess" and "don't do that" technique for our learning curve. Makes for some
interesting delays while the pile-up waits for us to come back on the air,
etc.

73 Rich and Wigi  (first multi-op RTTY contest)