[3830] LaQP K5ER SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5ER@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] LaQP K5ER SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:28:00 -0800
                    Louisiana QSO Party

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): K5ER, AA5LA
Station: K5ER

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: OUAC-Ouachita Parish
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:           2                 2
   40:          37                18
   20:         685                63
   15:          10                 8
   10:           1                 1
    6:
    2:
Total:   0     735       0        92  Total Score = 135,240

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Missed the W5YL mult - last year, they were everywhere, this year, never heard
them. Only found 7 parish mults, and three were across town as N5JJH ran three
bands with me. Never heard any of the rovers. Since I currently only have the
middle antenna up in each of my stacks, I may have been too high for most in
state contacts. W5WMU was only other LA station I heard calling CQ, so just
concentrated on running.

Even late in the day, 20 was still producing Q's, but we missed lots of mults
by not going to low bands earlier. For possibly the 1st time, I had more Q's
that W5WMU, but Pat is so aware of band conditions, he (and his team) almost
doubled my mult count. He is one of the most tenacious competitors I have ever
met - and a great guy to learn from.

Once the sprint started, folks worked me for LAQP, then wanted a number for
sprint, so I gave them my sequential # of the contact in the LAQP, which was
over 600 by then. Odd, had several tell me "that's too high, so I'll just put
down #1 or #2. Oh well, they got their contact and so did I.

Now for the "Thank You's"

First, thanks to all those who stopped by for a Qso. Both LA fixed stations and
the rovers tried hard to give you lots of Parishes and mults, and appreciate
your participation. Good to hear N4PN, who would probably win the award for
competing in the most state QSO Partys, if there was one.

Second, thanks to all the rovers, especially the guys from TX, who really liven
things up and activate lots of parishes. Thanks Chuck, NO5W, for the CQ/X
software the rovers use - it really seems to help.

Third, thanks to John, K3CT, and the N1MM team. John worked tirelessly the
entire week before LAQP, to insure that N1MM scored the combination of
parishes, states, VE and DX correctly. The software worked flawlessly.

Thanks to guest op, Bobby, AA5LA, who kept the station going while I had to
attend a funeral.

Lastly, thanks to my wife for tolerating my contesting addiction. She kept us
fed and the cooler stocked with plenty of water and soft drinks so we could
play on the radio.

See you next year.

73,
Mark, K5ER