[3830] CQ160 CW CR2X(OH2PM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW CR2X(OH2PM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:22:39 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: CR2X

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 2119  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 77  Total Score = 2,142,045

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was my second attemp in CQ WW 160 CW from Azores at CR2X. I see that when
all small pieces are in place and with a little bit of luck, 2,4 M score could
be achived from Europe. However this was not the year and not the operator to
make it happen

I got more QSOs than ever before but the country count was very low. I could
not hear Japan or Pacific area at all. Day or two before the contest I could
work JA and VK but during the contest especially the path over the Pole was
dead.
The new temporary Beverage to NA-direction eliminated powerline noise much
better than the old one and 50% more NA-QSOs was logged than last year.
Inverted L-antenna, which served for transmitting, fell down on Sunday morning
in heavy storm and rain shower. Luckily only  one and half hours, about 100
potential QSOs, were lost. I got the antenna fixed for the Sunday evening.
It seems that the twin-lead built bidirectional Beverages do not stand in the
storms of the ocean bank QTH, despite of the supporting rope both wires had
several cuts during the past two monts.
A great contest once again, thanks for all and see you in the coming up
contests again..
73 de Pertti, OH2PM