[3830] ARRLDX CW W7WHY SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W7WHY SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:38:04 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY + PACKET
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Coos Bay, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   19    13
   40:   90    51
   20:  119    36
   15:    1     1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  229   101  Total Score = 69,084

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was a 2 evening event, Friday and Saturday night.  Had to work Saturday and
busy on Sunday.  Small score but giant fun!!

I was really pleased with the score on 40 meters.  Fifty-one countries on 40 is
a lot for this peanut whistle station (400 watts from tired old SB-200 and a
single vertical antenna).  It seems like band conditins on the lower bands were
better than I've seen in a while.  Working that many countries on 40 is really
cool.  Saturday night I was S&P'ing up the band and it seemed like I was on 20
instead of 40.

Eighty meters seemed really good, but the packet pileups were pretty bad so
stayed away from that band, even though it was good to work Africa there.  Saw
lots of spots for Eu. but didng't hear much here.

I listened on 20 this morning before church but didn't hear any Europeans.  did
manage 1 Q on 15 Friday evening.

Thanks for all the fun and CU in the next one.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  T-450SAT + SB-200 ~400 watts
Radio 2  FT-840

80 meter dipole