[3830] ARRLDX CW KC0W/M SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KC0W/M SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:34:02 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KC0W/M
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W/M

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: North Dakota
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  278
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  278    1  Total Score = 1

Club:

Comments:

WOW!!!

 Forty meters was absolutely fantastic during the 'test. The JA's were still
BOOMING in here (5NN+) at 9:00 AM local time Sunday morning on 40. Turned the
amp in the mobile off to see if I could work a few of them at 5 watts QRP, sure
enough worked 6 in a row at 5 watts with no repeats needed on their part.

 Was using the newly installed 900 watt solid state homebrew amplifier in the
mobile during the contest. Amp seems to kick some serious a$$, hihi. If I could
hear them I could absolutely work'em with one call 95% of the time. Again,
propagation was unreal........What fun.

 Used a paper log in the mobile in the 'test. Will be installing a new laptop
this week in the mobile which will now take care of logging & CW keying during
contests. Operated once again from on top of a large hill in the cow pasture.
Great location with zero man made noise except for some ignition QRM.

 It's fun supplying the North Dakota mult for DX stations. Lost count at how
many times guys wanted to move me to other bands.

 I'm presently constructing a World Class contesting/DXing station here in
North Dakota which will be FREE for all amateurs to stay & operate
from.......Check out my bio on QRZ.com for details. The rotating HF arrays &
the 4-Squares on 80 & 160 meters should be enough to entice you to drive to the
least visited of all 50 states, North Dakota.

 Tom KC0W