[3830] ARRLDX CW KV4FZ SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KV4FZ SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:47:50 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

  160:  694    58
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  694    58  Total Score = 120,756

Club:

Comments:

The ARRL DX Contest is one that I have a least a chance in making the Top
Ten.....but,  Mr. Murphy showed up again. (1) Wasted to much time answering
Eu's who were calling and calling. (2) Normally on the NW Beverage I can null
them out, (3) but the two wire NW broke and had to settle for the N Beverage
which let them be heard.  My West Beverage is too long for East Coast LP and
QRP, so I did the best I could with what was working, (3)  City power failure
for an hour during a nice Saturday evening run (4) missed South Dakota,(4) Wife
ran the dryer when I was operating and out went the breaker panel with a arc
behind the breaker..so I had her grab up an emery board and I climbed up on a
milk crate with a flashlight held in my mouth to clean the hot 240 bus in back
of the breaker. (5) Had to leave the shack at 1000Z for the local State Fair
for a remote broadcast so I missed a normally very productive time slot.

Other than that things were better than normal.  I could hold a frequency 1818
Friday night and 1821.5 on Saturday.  I did beat my score last year but missed
my goal of 700Q's by six and if I had worked SD and VO2, which normally are not
a problem, I might have ended in the top five....but like they say wait till
next year.  It was all my fault as I knew the shack breaker need to be changed
and I was planning to put a backup NW Beverage...but I did not pay attention to
my own feeings that both these things had to be done before the contest.  So I
have no one to blame except myself.

All QSO's's are going up on LOTW as soon as the site is back up so you will
save a stamp or SASE.  If you want a nice tropical VI card then QSL via QRZ.com
address.