[3830] ARRLDX CW K3TN SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3TN SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:52:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:   28    25
   80:   73    49
   40:  189    73
   20:  390    85
   15:  223    83
   10:   35    24
-------------------
Total:  938   339  Total Score = 952,929

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3, ALS-600, Windom on 80-10
TS-850, Titan 425, 51' T on 160

I thought I would mostly only have time for nighttime low band operation in
this one but actually got to sneak in some quality afternoon time on Sat/Sun
and not so much late night time. The little bit of time I did get on the low
bands in the wee hours, I had S5+ noise as a front moved through this area with
high winds, so I guess it all worked out for the best.

Conditions were FB - the cherry on top would have been if 10m conditions had
been as wide open to EU as it was on Friday. But Saturday's conditions on 15m
were sweet enough.

I used the Reverse Beacon Network with N1MM to do high speed S&Ping and had
last 100 QSO rates up to 120. Then I'd run when I could, but on Saturday mostly
found I wasn't loud enough to have a higher rate. On Sunday I managed to hold
frequencies high up on 20 and have some nice runs.