[3830] ARRLDX CW KH6CW(K7GQ) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KH6CW(K7GQ) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:18:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH6CW
Operator(s): K7GQ
Station: KH6CW

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Kona, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 7.3

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  820    53
   10:
-------------------
Total:  820    53  Total Score = 130,380

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

With a house guest as well as visiting family members, family taxi driver, and
church, there was no way a full effort could be made.  And with N7ON in town
but unwilling to operate owing to â??significant otherâ?? QRN, it was pretty
clear from the beginning that this was, at most, going to be a small potatoes
effort.

I missed the contest start as I was brushing up on my vitamin D collection at
poolside with closed eyes.  Once I started, I discovered that I had set up the
log program with the incorrect report (no serial numbers here!).  And part way
in to a darn decent run, the ants attacked the keyboard â?" running up my right
arm (why is it that K6LL is always the one affected?).

The K3 didnâ??t behave like the world-class radio itâ?? supposed to be â?"
calls in the pileups were mushy though Iâ??ve kept pretty current on the AGC
discussions.  Trying to control this with AGC off and a hand on the RF Gain
didnâ??t work too well â?" an extremely strong station was nearby, trashing the
callers.  Apologies to all.

Aloha

Harry  K7GQ at KH6CW

K3, ACOM-1010 at 600 watts, C-3S at 40â?? over non-conducting lava