[3830] ARRLDX CW K2PO/7 SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2PO/7 SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:37:40 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2PO/7
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 29
Radios: SO2R

  160:    4     2
   80:  115    21
   40:  175    61
   20:  215    67
   15:  127    41
   10:   19    13
-------------------
Total:  655   205  Total Score = 402,825

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

â??Fun time, although Murphy struck â?" twice.  (We had a neighborhood power
outage at 6:30 am Saturday morning, and service wasnâ??t restored until near
noon, so I missed the first west coast European opening on 20m/15m.  Then,
during the Sunday morning European opening, our internet service was down for 3
hours, so I lacked the â??assistanceâ?? Iâ??d bargained for in making up the
missed EU multipliers.)

I logged several new band-countries, and one new country: T30YA (on multiple
bands - thanks Bob/Bill!).

My QSOs were all S&P, except for JAs, where I was able to get some runs going.
Hereâ??s a curious statistic â?" 80m was my best band for JAs:
   80m   81 Qs (70% from CQs)
   40m   79 Qs (51% from CQs)
   20m   80 Qs (21% from CQs)
   15m   63 Qs (0% from CQs)
   10m   1 Q (0% from CQs)

Hereâ??s the continental breakdown, perhaps typical of folks from this corner
of the US:
   Asia   52%  (Japan: 46%)
   Europe 16%
   N. America  11%
   S. America  11%
   Oceania  7%
   Africa  3%

Thanks to the many fb ops who patiently pulled my modest signal from the
noise.

'Looking forward to next year.

73,
Bill, K2PO