[3830] ARRLDX CW W9RE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W9RE SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:15:27 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   68    42
   80:  339    68
   40: 1158   104
   20: 1201    97
   15:  687    86
   10:   72    36
-------------------
Total: 3525   433  Total Score = 4,467,261

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Bad omens at the start as on Thursday night I discovered my temporary 80 meter
4Sq was not working.  Friday morning saw that there were only 3 verticals
standing!  With a lot of wet wx and wind an anchor had come out luckily no
damage so with xyl's help we put it back up.  Friday afternoon had to replace a
stuck switch in a sump pump that would have burned up without doing it. Also had
a smoke detector go off in the first hour of the test, luckily no other Murphy
items for the remainder of the weekend.

Had high hopes for 10 m and did work a handful of Europeans (most at ESP level)
on Saturday.  Down about 500 Q's from last year and the difference was on 15 m
as it was not runnable on Sunday.

Thought all the RBN stuff was going to really hurt the unassisted when in the
first hour I heard a station on 20 just sending "test" and no call sign and
thought this would be a pattern but never heard it again, thankfully.

For the first time I tried to sleep in a much longer segment 4 hours rather
then 1.5 hour breaks and it seemed to be better for me.

Thanks for all the Q's and a few moves.