[3830] ARRLDX CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:57:12 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: W6SL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 25.0

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   76    39
   20:  216    56
   15:  146    38
   10:   90    25
-------------------
Total:  528   158  Total Score = 247,902

Club:

Comments:

RadioSport fun through the weekend despite a stormy Friday night and a rainy
Saturday. Cycle 24 produced a generous amount of sunspots yet the jet stream
dipped into the central coast of California with high wind warnings for Friday
night. It was a worrisome 12 hours until the front passed along with rain
generated static.

My first DX contest operating high power into monoband antenna systems. I
enjoyed every minute of the event while logging stations transmitting from
distant lands. I logged European and African stations for the first time on 40m
and scored several new countries in addition new zones across all four bands. It
was a lot of fun reviewing my log report this morning!

Top Three Hours 0100 (55) Day 1, 0000 (53) Day 2, 0000 (46) Day 1
Top Three Countries JA (223), PY (24), LU (18)
Top Three Zones 25 (223), 15 (56), 14 (47)
Total Zones Worked (29)

My favorite moment was Saturday afternoon when 10m opened into Asia and the
Pacific. I enjoyed watching the contest log populate as JA stations pumped my
10-minute rate to well over one hundred and twenty. The flash opening made an
overall difference in my log total. Many thanks to all low power operators in
Japan!

73, Scot KA3DRR

Icom ProIII
40m 3L @ 50ft