[3830] ARRLDX CW W4ZV SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, btippett@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W4ZV SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:57:22 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  371    77
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  371    77  Total Score = 85,701

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

With the recent solar activity I seriously thought it might be time to go back
to my second favorite band 10m.  But Friday it appeared we were in for an
extended period of unsettled conditions so I opted for 160 again (good decision
in retrospect).

This is the 7th consecutive year I've done 160 and the following tracks the
good conditions at the cycle minimum.

Year QSOs/Mults

2005  254/63
2006  357/71
2007  261/72
2008  312/74
2009  434/79
2010  408/64
2011  371/77

No comment on conditions except to note that you can see just how fickle 160 is
when you use the ReverseBeacon analysis to track yourself versus others.  There
are interesting things to be learned if you haven't tried it before:

http://www.reversebeacon.net/analysis/

Most interesting QSOs:

1.  R9DX (ex-UA9CLB in z17) called Saturday night!
2.  QRPers UU2CW(5W), G3R(5W) and of course NP4Z(3W).
3.  IW2FND running 400W to an EH antenna 2.4m high.

Great fun as always!  Thanks to everyone who called and apologies to those I
couldn't copy (through the QRN, QSB, key clicks, spurs, etc).  Next year 10m
should be ready for my first effort since 2004.

73,  Bill  W4ZV