[3830] ARRLDX CW NQ7R SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tkramer@azci.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NQ7R SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:32:38 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ7R
Operator(s): NQ7R
Station: NQ7R

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:   28    23
   80:   84    47
   40:  172    68
   20:  271    86
   15:  257    76
   10:   70    35
-------------------
Total:  882   335  Total Score = 885,405

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

I missed my chance at a first time 1000+ Qso contest due to 3.5 hours of a
nearly constant 20 to 44 mph wind and dust storm on Saturday morning that
created horrendous coronal static in the antennas and tower (once when I
disconnected and then reconnected the coax to my 17/12 yagi I drew a 1/16th
inch spark) Only when the wind dropped below 20 mph and the corona fully
discharged could I hear any stations.  I worked maybe 12 stations in that 3.5
hour period, meanwhile the 20m bandpass was full of signals I could not
hear/work.

Note to East Coast 160 ops:
      please wait for contacts to fully finish before you call, only later in
the day could I confirm my QSOs with II9T and E7DX among others because you
covered up their acknowledgment of my report.