[3830] ARRLDX CW N7IR SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ir@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7IR SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:56:43 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   18    10
   80:   36    16
   40:  203    67
   20:  183    66
   15:  158    59
   10:   50    24
-------------------
Total:  648   242  Total Score = 470,448

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

More op time and about the same score as last year, with less Qs and more mults
this year.  Ten meters was open to Japan briefly Saturday afternoon, which
produced a welcome addition to the score.  The low bands, especially 40 meters,
seemed to be in good shape both nights.  Ran out of stations to work by S&P on
40 and ran for a while both mornings, with pretty good results for these days
while running QRP in a DX contest near the US west coast.  The 40 meter numbers
for Qs and mults were the best ever for me in this contest!  On the other hand,
15 and 20 were spotty and weak into Europe both mornings, which resulted in
fewer stations worked on those bands than last year.  Fortunately the mults on
those bands were the same or a bit better than last year.

Because of the great low band conditions I didn't take a nap until the second
evening, so I was very tired by the second afternoon.  Drinking a whole carafe
of coffee solved that problem!

Some stats
6 band QSOs: C6AGU, JA3YBK, KH6LC, KH7X, PJ2T
6 band Mults: C6, JA, KH6, P4, PJ2, UA9
2xQRP QSOs: JK7UST, JR1NKN, JR4DAH, NP4Z, PY2WC, UA0ZS

Hardware: 2 Elecraft K3, Top Ten DX Doubler
Software: N1MM
TX antennas: F12 5BA, EF240/230, C3S; 80m delta loop, 160m shunt fed tower
RX antennas: K9AY loop array, N6RK-designed 160m tuned loop

Thanks for the contacts, your patience and the fun.

73
Gary, N7IR