[3830] ARRLDX CW G6MC(G3WW) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW G6MC(G3WW) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:47:26 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: G6MC
Operator(s): G3WW
Station: G6MC

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: North Yorkshire
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:  603    51
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  603    51  Total Score = 92,259

Club: Brimham Contest Group

Comments:

Made the drive up from SE England to North Yorkshire just in time for a
pre-contest curry with some old and new friends. Began the contest on time but
felt like poo within 2 hours of the start. Started snowing about this time too.
Finished the night at 0800z with 80m still nicely open but my head pounding.

Took some pills, had a sleep, woke up, ate lunch, head felt good. Several
inches of snow on the ground by now.

Worked a couple of hundred on 15m under my own call for a checklog whilst Andy
(G3AB) did his SOSB/20 until 20 closed, I resumed on 80 around 2300z. Felt much
better second night, 80 quieter and hardly needed the beverages. Ended night two
at 0800z, no migraine and thawing snow.

Couldn't justify waiting around rest of Sunday daytime only for 80 to open for
the final couple of hours, so began the long drive home after lunch. Had to be
in work on Monday and forecast for Monday was more snow in the area. Didn't
want to risk getting snowed in for the sake of a handful of late contacts.

Special thanks to Neil & Sue for their generous hospitality, they really made
me feel like part of the family. Their enthusiasm and effort in putting their
station together is commendable.

Thanks also to those who called, I apologise for those I missed, especially
with my head in a bucket on Saturday.

FT-1000MP, Quadra
4 Square, Beverages

Dez, G3WW