[3830] ARRLDX CW NK7U M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NK7U M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:57:58 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, W2VJN
Station: NK7U

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   47    28
   80:  247    74
   40:  612    98
   20:  737   114
   15:  392    88
   10:   44    32
-------------------
Total: 2079   434  Total Score = 2,706,858

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

We did a two person M/S again this year.  Our score was down about 1% from a
similar operation last year.  Multipliers were up some and Qs down.  We started
running on 20 and worked a couple of mults on 15 the first hour.  Conditions on
40 Friday evening were very good in the west.  Most audible signals were
Europeans and they were easy to work.  Saturday evening was full of heavy QRN
on the low bands resulting in much lower rates.  Both nights I operated till
midnight and Joe took the night time shift.  We both operated some of the time
during the day.  Each year Joeâ??s station works better.

We used 3 full up stations, one on 160/20, one on 80/15 and the third on 40/10.
 This is a good working arrangement for the level of sun spot activity.
Switching takes about 15 seconds, is totally reliable and uses no
microprocessors.

My thanks to Joe and Sharon for hosting.

George, W2VJN