[3830] ARRLDX CW W3IUU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lras@sprynet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W3IUU SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:09:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3IUU
Operator(s): W3IUU
Station: W3IUU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kensington, Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:   94    45
   40:  182    68
   20:  421    76
   15:  248    72
   10:   43    26
-------------------
Total:  988   287  Total Score = 850,668

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig : FT-950, FL-2500, 500 watts maybe.  LDG TW-1 talking wattmeter and
Window-Eyes screen reader.

         Antennas : Dipoles for 80 and 40; KT34XA at 60 feet for 20-10.

          Soapbox : I haven't scored this high in ARRL CW for many years (have
to look back in old logs to see if I ever had a higher score).  Solar activity
didn't help ten meters that much for me, but didn't hurt, either.  It really
helped 40 meters, which worked very well for me and my dipole.  I had to send a
dit every once in a while on Saturday to clear the intermittent connections in
the beam or the 40 dipole in the high wind.  One highlight was working V51YJ on
ten meters with 40 watts (the thundering herd hadn't found him yet).  Another
was working two Kazakhstan stations on 40 meters at different times.  I had my
first 120 hour ever on 20 meters early Sunday afternoon; 14068 was a good
frequency at that moment.  Some day I will attempt to add windows to N1MM
showing needed multipliers or packet spots.  Not using the computer to send CW
yet, either, only messages stored in the FT-950.