[3830] NAQP RTTY VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 00:18:54 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:  131    40
   40:  119    41
   20:  186    44
   15:   86    25
   10:
-------------------
Total:  522   150  Total Score = 78,300

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

* SO1R unassisted LP (FT-2000 and N1MM + MMTTY)
* SteppIR 3-element at 27'
* 40M SteppIR dipole at 27'
* 80M twin-vertical array E-W

Good fun. Nothing heard on 10M, but 15M was open east and southeast -- was
definitely better last year though. Had hoped for better with flux at 90.

I knew from the mediocre 15M conditions that I wouldn't get close to last year,
but it was good to go well beyond all years other than 2010, ironically thanks
to 15M.

Took the first hour (1800z) off, then another hour around 2230z, saving the
full evening to work on 40M and 80M counts. Felt like 80M was just revving up
toward the east coast by the end, adding DE, NY and MD in the final few Qs.

Didn't fire up the second radio, but should have once I left the high bands. It
would have really boosted the score when 80M and 40M were both perking away
during the final four hours.

-- Bud VA7ST

http://www3.telus.net/va7st
http://www.orcadxcc.org