[3830] NAQP RTTY K0EU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K0EU Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 08:15:08 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 4:40

   80:  103    40
   40:  115    32
   20:  205    42
   15:   25    11
   10:
-------------------
Total:  448   125  Total Score = 56,896

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team:

Comments:

Wasn't planning on any operating in this one, but SV2ASP/A showed up Saturday
morning on RTTY (No, I didn't get him!) and it made me curious how hard it
would be to get N1MM working on RTTY.  Almost 2 hours into the contest, I sat
down and fiddled with it and got it working pretty well with MMTTY so I thought
I'd give out a few QSO's. I don't have SO2R going yet on RTTY, so it was kind of
boring with only one rig.  A few times, I tried pressing the "Page-Up" button to
speed up my CQ and generate some more rate...ooops...can't speed up RTTY :->

Worked a few GMCC members who don't get on CW much KF0UR, KT0DX, and W0LSD.
Also worked Bob WT0Q.  Don't remember any others.  Now I see why W0RAA made
such a stink about getting the exchanges minimized.  Shortest exchange was K6LL
"DAVE AZ", and the longest one took up more than one line on my RX screen.  Not
sure how useful "599" is, or "UR JOE TX" is (shouldn't it be "I'M JOE TX"??
Thankfully, there weren't all that many long ones.  I do agree with WT9Q that
there are times when it is confusing as to who is working who.

Anyway, I mananged to have a few hours of fun.  Best part was that there was
absolutely no line noise.  If there hadn't been a few signals on 15, I would
have thought my feedline was cut.

73
Randy K0EU