[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:25:40 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: ZF2AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: ZF2AM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Is.
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 680  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 49  Total Score = 383,572

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Score was way down from previous years.

Band seemed very amemic until after midnight.  Struggled to be heard by many of
the guys with good signals and guys kept moving in on top of me.  The rope
holding up the reflector wire burned through at some point each night  That may
be why we weren't as loud as I'm used to.

I was hearing faily well with a quiet location and two beverages.

Only made a few Q'S for the first 2 hours as the sun was still up here.

Lost an hour at 2 am Sat when our brand new Radio Wavz balun smoked.

The high point was my last QSO right at sunrise when my pal Dave, KH2/N2NL
called in for a new mult.

Got a lot more sleep than I did last weekend.

CU all from PJ2T next week.

John, K6AM/ZF2AM