[3830] CQ160 SSB WD5R Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB WD5R Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:46:07 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): WD5R  N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: ar
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1030  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 33  Total Score = 233,730

Club:

Comments:

Weâ??ve never learned how to take advantage of all the options available to us
in a multi-op category, so we still doing it the hard way.

Over the years Marlene and I have put a lot of effort and money into putting a
competitive station on 160 meters.  The effort has provided me with many hours
of  pleasurably operating time in the CW contests.
But there is nothing about my operating time that gives me more pleasure than
sitting in the living room and listening to Marlene  work  the cq 160 ssb
contest.

The full speed ahead mode during the day has , in recent years ,  caused
Marlene to have trouble keeping her eyes open  through the evening news. Being
the considerate person I am, I thought I would let her do a little operating
early in the contest before the going got tough.

Well, you guys know what happened.
Around 2 a.m. ,
 Honey, can you give me a short break? I need to go to the small room.

She pulled the same thing Saturday night. She did 90 percent of the operating
both nights and I loved every minute of it.

The magic that turns her on is the many  contacts  during the evening that
keeps a smile on her face.

We always relive the nightâ??s excitement during our morning coffee break. And
we always come to same subject, so many of the contacts have to be pulled and
tugged , out of the noise. And we always come to same conclusion. If those weak
signals werenâ??t there , it wouldnâ??t be a contest. Thanks to all that stayed
with us through the repeats.

And to all you contesters, thanks.
Contesting sure beats the hell outâ??a
7 days and 7 nights on a cruise ship!
( and Iâ??m betting a bunch of you are taking a wrong turn on that statement!
)

Doug, n5ect
Marlene, the real WD5R

(aside to the K3 crowd,
 Are there any awards for Marlene making 50-Mhz contacts during the 160 meter
contest? Is there an option for moving that darn VOX button? )