[3830] CQ160 SSB N4DTF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, trent.fleming@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N4DTF Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 16:02:40 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4DTF
Operator(s): N4DTF
Station: N4DTF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 75  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 3  Total Score = 7,421

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

A fun contest for me, primarily trying to learn more about 160m propagation.  My
setup is simple, 100w into a G5RV at 35 feet, flat-topped.  Last year I was
unable to work outside of North America, this year I worked Serbia, and
Morocco.  Also heard ON4UN, but could not work him.  THAT would have been a
thrill for me.  I also added several new states, some near, and some far, and
many appear to be on LOTW.

My first year using CAT to drive the N1MM software, really made logging and
avoiding dupes much easier, as did VOX operation, also new here.  Still
learning.

Many good ops, who were patient to copy my weak signal against high QRN and
QRM.

My goal for next 160m season is to improve my antenna capabilities, especially
on receive.