[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3NE(@VE3FAS) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE3NE(@VE3FAS) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:42:36 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3NE
Operator(s): VE3NE
Station: VE3FAS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Orangeville
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 812  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 34  Total Score = 366,275

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Hi All,
First of all I would like to thank Phil (VE3FAS) for letting me use his fine
160m setup again.
CONDX were pretty marginal Friday night with some static. EU and West Coast
were weak. Only a few Caribbean came through nicely. I did not hear any North
EU at all. Saturday started more promising. For an hour some EU sounded like we
are on 20m and I managed to snatch a few nice mults. I was CQ-ing for an hour or
so and S&P for another and so on. Still did not hear any North EU at all. CN2A
was always strong but D4C was not. EA9NA was coming in nicely but I am not sure
if he worked any NA at all.
I was aiming for 300,000 points but I passed that quite a bit. It was nice to
be called by GW, GI, FM, V31, C6 and KH7. I spent about 15 minutes on 4O3A and
others just throwing in my call quickly to catch a short break in the QRM on
their side and it worked a number of times with those good operators.
Thanks for the Qs and hope to see you in another contest.

73      es  DX

Lali, VE3NE