[3830] CQ160 SSB NI5T(@N5BG) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5ia@zia-connection.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NI5T(@N5BG) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:03:20 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NI5T
Operator(s): N5BG, W5CF, WA2ZMN, N7AM, K7JEM, N3KCJ, N5IA
Station: N5BG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NM - DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 755  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 18  Total Score = 129,283

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Our group had a couple of new operators this year, which made it less hectic for
everyone.  Thanks to Rod, WA2VMN and Foster, N3KCJ for joining with us.  A total
of 7 ops over the two nights is just about right.

Lots of fun again, but not real good propagation from out west.  I believe this
is the first time our group has NOT worked all states in many years.  We did not
work VT, DE and Eric in DC.  Our Canadian neighbors provided 36 total contacts
but nary a one from LB, NU, NWT, PEI and YT.

The telling stat is only 153 Zone 5 contacts in our log.  And of course that
says we never really had any prop to EU either.  We finally put CU, EA and EI
in the log at EU sunrise the 2nd night.

AF mults = CN, CT3, and D4.

SA mults = ZERO.  Yep, not a single one.  Where were the PJ boys?

NA mults = C6, HR, KL, KP2, KP4, V2, V3, XE and ZF.

AS mults = a single UA.

OC mults = KH6 and VK.

Which states provide the most contacts?

Zone 3 Q leaders were CA=101, AZ=41, and WA=41 out of 241 total.

Zone 4 Q leaders were TX=48, OH=30, and IL=26 out of 330 total.

Zone 5 Q leaders were FL=23, PA=13 and VA=12 out of 153 total.

Equipment wise, the only new items this year were the Green Heron USB switch
controllers for the Beverages.  Sweet!!!  Every operator loved them.

As they said in the Looney Tunes endings, "That's All Folks".

CU next year.

Milt, N5IA
One of the ops at NI5T