[3830] CQWW SSB W4RM M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4RM@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W4RM M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 05:25:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4RM
Operator(s): W4RM,W4NF,K5OF,W7IY,K4RG,K4UVA,N3AHA
Station: W4RM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  100    14       35
   80:  351    23       79
   40:  912    35      110
   20: 1297    40      136
   15: 2263    39      135
   10: 1633    33      133
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow! Iâ??m not sure where to start.

The W4RM operator team started to assemble on Friday around 4PM, I took a few
for the operators up to show them the new 10M Stack and the new  160M phase
array;  only to determine that we had damage to one of the two vertical
elements  on the 160M array from a recent wind storm.  So, we started the
repairs at 4:30 and had the antennas ready to go by 6PM.

Based on the new CQWW Interlock rule for all in-band operations and the
difficulty in making these required  HW & SW changes for our  multi-2 set-up,
the team decided it was best to move to the MM category for this contest.

We team ran three radios focusing on the 10,15,20M during the day and then
switched over to 40,80 and 160M as the high bands died out.  It was awesome to
see 10M & 15M open for such a long time and rates that 15M produced (2263 Qso)
was like nothing the team had ever seen before.

We only had one equipment issue that require a 2 hour tower climb on Sunday AM
to fix a stuck ring rotor (poining to South America) and return it to the stack
configuration for the EU runs but everything else worked throughout the
contest.

Summary of the  results show that we increased our 160M score using the new
160M Phased Array; our 80M score stayed the same as previous years; 40M was
higher with no changes to the equipment; 20M Score lower with more hams
focusing on the higher bands. And 10M & 15M were outstanding and very
productive.

This was our highest score ever at almost 15M points, highest QSO total at 6556
and a whole lot of fun all weekend long.

Now itâ??s time to get the station ready for CW SS next weekend.

73 Bill W4RM and the contest Team  W4NF, K5OF,W7IY,K4RG,K4UVA,N3AHA