[3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ua@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:20:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): K0RF,  W0DLE,  WB0GAZ,  W0UA,  W0ZP, AD1C, W1XE, W2CO, W2UP, K7NV
Station: K0RF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  278    24       65
   80:  602    29      100
   40: 1589    39      139
   20: 1219    40      144
   15: 1448    39      155
   10: 1193    35      148
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

We've been chasing the Tenth-District M/M record for several years now.
But to have a chance, we knew we'd need a reasonably healthy 10 Meter band and
a team committed to make it happen.  Both of those factors finally came
together
this year.  The weekend wasn't without some glitches, but thankfully, no
show-stoppers.  The team & their effort:

K0RF:  Who's that late 60's-something year-old guy up there juggling that beam
at 120 feet?  That's Chuck, of course. To say he worked his tail off getting
set for this contest doesn't do him justice.  We rearranged the shack and added
dedicated multiplier positions for 10 and 15.  We resurrected my old HB 5 EL 10M
beam (turned out to be a real mult-killer on 10, I'm so proud of it!).  Lots of
outside stuff needed fixing and built the lockout switching.  He then operated
160 both nights, kept the crew fed and troubleshot any problems. In his spare
time he helped coach Longmont High to the girls' state volleyball
championships...