Re: [3830] NHQP N4CD SOST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [3830] NHQP N4CD SOST LP
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 16:01:05 -0500
Your comment about spotting is "spot on" but "different strokes for
different folks.  Ohio QSO Party allows any form of "external help" like
spotting networks, reverse beacon networks, etc.  Michigan QSO Party
forbids the use of spotting networks, etc, for single op category.  Both
are administered under the auspices of the Mad River Radio Club.

Minnesota QSO Party sez "Use of Packet or Telnet spotting networks is
permissible in all categories but no self-spotting is allowed."
However, they promote use of Packet APRS in mobiles, so they must not
consider this as "self spotting.:)

7QP converts any single operator station which uses any assistance into
multi single.

NEQP is same as 7QP concerning assistance.

I partake of some other state QP's but these are ones which come to mind.

The rules are set by the contest organizers - there's sometimes
collaboration amongst these groups, but often not.

72/73 de n8xx Hg