[3830] NDQP KC0W Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NDQP KC0W Fixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 10:14:17 -0700
                    North Dakota QSO Party

Call: KC0W
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: ND
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   31    1362    Mults = 1  Total Score = 1

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to all the participating stations!!!

 Bands were (once again) in poor shape for the entire QSO Party. It would have
been great if Europe could have joined in on the fun of the ND QSO Party but
propagation had other ideas.

 The highlight of this years ND QSO Party for myself was working all 50 stated
on 20 meters in just under 5 hours from the start of the contest. The last two
states I needed (SD & MT) called me at just under the 5 hour mark.  I routinely
work WAS in most contests but doing so in such a short amount of time (and on
only 20 meters) was a real thrill. Worked coast to coast on 40 meters with
decent signals after sunset.

 Sure would have liked to work more CW but the big Russian contest along with
some kinda RTTY contest made finding other participating ND QSO Party stations
hard to do.

 Band openings on 6, 10 & 15 meters were absolutely non-existent. What a shame.
I have do doubt I could have easily broken the 2,500 total QSO mark if the
higher bands would have cooperated. On the positive side I received many
"thirty over nine" signal reports. It's good to know the station here is firing
on all 12 cylinders even during poor propagation.

 Even though my first love in Amateur Radio is CW, it was fun to generate some
good SSB pileups in this years ND QSO Party. I will be taking the short drive
to SD & MT in the mobile to participate in the SD & MT QSO Party's next
month.............Please listen for a few of us who will be getting together
for the upcoming WPX Contest. Call will be WW0WWW.

 The best to you from western ND, long live CW, and, of course, the proverbial
KC0W contesting disclaimer:

    ************ I contest for the FUN of it from here in North Dakota & not to
collect any awards, plaques or "wallpaper". I use my general logging program to
track the total number of QSO's & leave it at that. This is why I have no
information regarding my total number of mults or a final score. ************

Tom KC0W

'