[3830] FlQP N4AO/M(WC4E) SO MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@wc4e.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4AO/M(WC4E) SO MobileCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:06:47 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N4AO/M
Operator(s): WC4E
Station: WC4E/M

Class: SO MobileCW LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  2180    0  CW Mults = 70  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 610,400

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Another Great FQP!!! WOW!

A huge THANK YOU to all those that followed the mobiles around Florida and
called in!! Thanks for making it a true party!

Missed VE5, VE6, UT, AK, MS, NV, PAC and NE (Even with the Nebraska QSO Party
going on!) I feel like I missed out on some EU Mults as well with so many
people saying there were lots of European QSO.
Maybe they couldnâ??t hear me.

No major Murphy stories this year. Thought I had all the noise licked when I
got all 12V power supplies and totally eliminated the need for a power
inverter. Nope, the loud swooshing hash kept drifting in around my freq all
weekend. I eventually learned (Late Sunday)to plug in the laptop charger when
running loud stations and unplug and battery power later in the county. So if I
had to ask for repeats, it was all the QRN fun. Maybe Iâ??ll encase it in a
metal case for next year.

N1MMâ??s â??Enter Sends Messageâ?? kept making me sound like a lid all weekend,
sorry but I had to keep it on because it much easier to hit the large enter key
then find the tiny half size insert key on a laptop KB.  All while twisted
sideways in the driver seat and typing in passenger seat side. (It was all an
operator issue) Overall the program work flawlessly!!

Adding in a couple counties was much better, especially when condx took a dip.

Drove in very heavy rains in South FL on Sunday , first time I had to do that
mobile in FQP. Iâ??ll take the rain way over the famous black swarms of â??love
bugsâ??.

Very happy to beat my last yearsâ?? score. Preliminary results are about 2180
QSOs and 70 Mults.

 2006 Nissan Frontier
     750 miles added while driving 22 Counties
     Rig: IC 7000
     NI7J Scorpion SA-680 (This antenna Rocks!!)
     N1MM 12.4 on 10 Year old 20lb DELL Laptop

Thanks again to all!!
  73
    Jeff N4AO/m  (WC4E)
    Jeff  at  wc4e.com