[3830] 7QP KK7S SOCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP KK7S SOCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 09:07:39 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: KK7S
Operator(s): KK7S
Station: KK7S

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: WAKNG
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

  160:    4
   80:   46
   40:  146
   20:  266
   15:  235
   10:    2
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  699     0       0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 138,402

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Well, the 7QP kicked my butt this year.  The rate got so slow here in the
afternoon that I decided it was just not worth spending time away from the
family on a beautiful day, so I took a couple of hours off and when I did get
back on later, I didn't work very hard, and went to bed early.  I suppose if I
would have kept my butt in the chair then I might of beaten my score from last
year, but not by much.

My most notable weakness was on 20m, where I just could not get a decent run
going at any time.  The hex beam on the roof  isn't providing enough muscle so
I have to investigate more antenna options that will work in my constrained
space while adding a few dB.  Maybe a narrowband, 20m quad...  Any other ideas?
 Let me know!

Thanks to everyone for the Q's.  Despite my lame rate, there was a lot of
activity on the bands, and it was fun to tour IN and NE counties.  It's also
great to hear all the locals getting on the air for this one.

See you in the next big domestic 'test -- and hopefully with a stronger signal
on 20m!

73,
-Chadd KK7S