[3830] WPX CW ND2T(@W6YX) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ND2T(@W6YX) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 11:53:07 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ND2T
Operator(s): AA6XV, K6UFO, N7MH, ND2T, NF1R, W6RK
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 32

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  340
   20:  890
   15: 1177
   10:   97
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Not enough operators; not enough radios. We ran this as a low-staffed M/2. We
were on for only 32 hours. Too few for the good conditions. For many of those
hours we operated only a single station.

Two of our venerable MkVs have front-end problems so we pressed a Yaesu FT-847
into service. It was only adequate, not what you really want on crowded bands.
Nearby stations pumped the AGC. Our own second station desensitized the radio
if we used an antenna on the same mast. Apologies to those who called us that
we just could not hear. We will hear you better next time.

It was very windy on Saturday afternoon. Something conductive is thrashing
about in the wind creating a lot of radio noise.

15m was the money band this year, offering good runs into the Pacific at the
opening and into the Pacific and Europe on Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward
to seeing the SOSB15 scores this year.

Lots of crazy callsigns, and more than a few crazy fists. We appreciate crazy,
it keeps us on our toes.

The reverse beacon network is invaluable. We were always spotted before we
could utter the third CQ on a new run frequency. And, of course, the spots just
kept coming. Thank you to those who run skimmers and the RBN itself.

W6YX Stanford University:
10m: 6 el yagi at 70 ft, 5-el at 30 ft
15m: 6 el yagi at 70 ft, 5 el yagi at 25 ft
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft, 5 el yagi at 36 ft
40m: 4 el at 60 ft
80m: inverted vee at 50 ft
160m: "C" antenna off tower
Beverage receiving antennas
Yaesu FT-1000MP(perfect) and Yeasu FT-847 (hmm)
Writelog software