[3830] ARRL FD KB9UWU 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb9uwu@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KB9UWU 1B LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:26:25 -0700

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First Field Day in 10 years and first FD single op.  I had commercial power with
wifi... hardly roughing it.  Had lots of wasps and kamikaze june bugs to keep me
in the FD spirit.  I set up the hexbeam on Friday, so I only operated
1800-1800z.  A few local guys came by to check out the setup Saturday evening,
went QRT for 2-3 hours to BS and eat food.  Late Saturday night, I went home
and slept for 6 hours in my own bed (I know..... cheater!).  Total operating
time around 15 hours.  4 or 5 q's were S&P, rest were running (or trying to
run).  I Had some good quick runs on SSB but the bands were so full I chose to
stay in the CW segments at half the rate, but 2x the fun and 2x the points!
The FD CW speed is right up my ally, never heard anyone over 30wpm... ufbuwu
speed!  Some great cw operators on this weekend.  Had a handful of callers
using straight keys that refused to put spaces between their characters.... how
the heck is one suppose to copy your callsign? de -.--..----...-.--..-  Goal was
1k q's and I made it (1005) sans a ton of dupes which brought me down, so I sort
of met my goal. 75 sections and 10 DX.  Lots of fun, would love to try a 1B with
another operator next time!  Equipment: Commercial power, K3, Hexbeam at 35' on
tower trailer, 40m 1/4l vertical (should've used the dipole!)  Thanks for the
Q's! 73, Matt.