[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K0EU LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K0EU LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:12:41 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - August 31

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: co
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:   2      2
   40:  13     10
   20:  15     11
   15:   6      6
   10:
-------------------
Total:  36     29  Total Score = 1,044

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Could have had a bigger score if I had operated from the regular station, but
took the opportunity to test out a new mobile setup and get ready for the
Colorado QSO party this weekend.  Operated parked in the driveway in front of
the house. Sorry for the QLF's, but I've obviously got some RFI issues with the
computer rig control in N1MM.  The computer kept locking up. No surprise as the
antennas are just a few feet above the computer.  Had to quickly reconfigure
N1MM and disable rig control.  That helped quite a bit, but there were still
problems with the Winkey keyer.  Will add some toroids and see if that helps.
Otherwise, we're prepared to use hand logging and manual sending for the
weekend (ugh!). If K7SS can do it, then we can too.

The hustler vertical on the trailer hitch mount worked well on 15M.  Even made
two QSO's in 5 minutes of trying on 80M, thanks the the great ears of N3BB and
W0BH.  Separate MFJ hamsticks on the roof of the truck for 20 and 40 meters
played really well and I figure those will be the money bands this weekend.

Too bad the CW ops open conflicts with the CO QSO party for 8 hours out of the
16 total.  But, if you are participating in the open, I'll be more than happy
to add a serial number in my exchange if you'll trell me your state! Hope to
see many of you this weekend as Mike K0MF and I share the operating duties as
we cover about 450 miles worth of highway and a possible 16 counties.

Thanks for the contacts, as always.

73 Randy (Ken) K0EU