[3830] CQWW CW AD1C SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AD1C SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:36:41 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40:  176    28       75
   20:  307    30       96
   15:  363    31       96
   10:  185    26       60
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:       ICOM IC-7600 (100W)
Antenna(s):  HyGain AV-640 multi-band vertical, 1/2 G5RV in attic
Software:    WriteLog 11.08

This is perhaps my most-balanced effort, and the first time I've ever broken
1000 QSOs or 1M points from Colorado.  True single-op, as I was the only one in
the house all weekend, so I had to meet all biological needs myself.

It was also the first time that I turned on the CW Skimmer spots (from W/VE
only), in addition to the worldwide flow of "classic" DX spots.  I had always
been worried that there would be too many spots in general, or too many I could
not hear.  Neither turned out to be the case, though there was a lot of stuff I
could not hear.  It made tuning through the full bandmap really easy as most
(but not every) station was spotted.  I did put out a couple dozen spots during
the contest of stuff that didn't show up in the bandmap, so there's still some
call for human intervention.

Saturday, as the rates slowed down in the early afternoon, I really thought of
throwing in the towel and just being a DXer, as 40m had been lousy the night
before, and 10m hadn't really opened to Europe.  I get very distracted when
things are slow and there's no one else around.  At half-time, I had about 550
QSOs and just over 500K points, so I decided to push on, and I'm glad I did, as
Saturday night and Sunday were much better.

Thank you to everyone who stuck with me through the QRM and QSB (you know who
you are).