[3830] BARTG Sprint WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:26:27 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:16

------------
   80:   15
   40:  154
   20:  149
   15:  193
   10:   60
------------
Total:  571  Mults = 55  Continents = 6  Total Score = 188,430

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I thought that I would just possibly be able to sit in the chair for the full 24
if the activity warranted...but after 19 hours I came to the conclusion that
only me and a few other diehards (who were already in the log) were around and
sleep sounded SOOOOO much better.

The very high A index was not helping and the noisy atmospherics disguised
those QRPers trying to call me...they were QRPers weren't they?

10m was very so-so as the above totals reflect but I was happy to work some JAs
on Saturday afternoon.

15m was productive but it was not until I was calling on 40m was a able to snag
a ZS to complete the continental column and that was the ONLY African I ended up
with in the log.

80m was a large whooshing sound interrupted by a loud W6/W7 but was overall not
productive as those mults did not count as anything new once you had worked them
elsewhere.  I am thinking that is a bit detrimental to encouraging the activity
to continue much past filling in the Mult columns elsewhere as it was WORK on
40/80m.

Qs by 7L4IOU AA4DD JA1HFY KA9MOM KE8M N4ART NW7D were made on 4 bands and I was
really looking for NW7D on 80 but he or I must have been buried.

SH5 shows 52Qs on first hour of 15m was the highest rate.  I think that the
limitation of a 'band change' necessitates that you must remain on that band
for 6m is not good for chance of moving folks about if possible but then dem's
da rules....

All in all a 50% increase over last year's event and we did have fun...

WN6K, Paul