[3830] NA Sprint CW K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K4BAI HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 14:46:53 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:  106    1:08
   40:  114    1:36
   20:   91    1:16
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Band conditions pretty
good.  Thought I had cured RF feedback problem, but it popped up a couple of
times causing the computer keying to lock up.  Not much of a problem compared
to the complete logging computer at 0127Z while on 40M. Could not revive it.
Lost seven minutes.  Had formed a South East Sprint Coalition team and felt I
owed it to the other members of the team to carry on.  So, the rest of the
contest was logged on paper and sending was all with a paddle.  Was afraid I
would not be able to recover the first part of the log since it was only backed
up to the hard drive of that computer.  However, I got it working again on
Sunday long enough to type in the rest of the QSOs.  I then had to change the
frequencies and times in the Cabrillo file.  When the computer went off, I
didn't know what the next number would be but was pretty sure it was in the
120s, so I started with paper at 130.  Numbers 121-129 were not issued.  And, I
ran out of line paper log sheets near the end and was logging on the unlined
back of a log sheet, resulting in issuing number 312 twice.  I edited the
Cabrillo file to show the numbers actually sent.  Hope and think I got
everything right.  If it had not been for these problems, I probably would have
had a person best SO1R score.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.