[3830] NAQP RTTY N6EE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N6EE Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 08:37:00 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: N6EE
Operator(s): N6EE
Station: N6EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:   25    17
   40:   53    27
   20:   49    26
   15:  183    38
   10:   73    29
-------------------
Total:  383   137  Total Score = 52,471

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Finished setting up for SO2R an hour before start of contest and tested it for
first time during the contest.  Had some RFI into the keyboards which caused
some runaway exchanges - my apologies to those who had to endure my crazy
exchanges early in the contest.  A few ferrites took care of that problem and
things went fairly smoothly until about QSO 300 - then both my laptop and my
tower computer started inexplicably running very slow and often a second or two
before it would display decoded text. Very odd behavior I have never seen
before.

In general, the SO2R setup worked much better than the operator :)  Boy, do I
have a lot to learn...

Thanks for all the Q's.  I had a blast for the 5+hours I was able to put in and
look forward to the next opportunity to improve my SO2R skills.

Radio 1: K3 + SteppIR DB18E @ 45 ft + TopTen Decoder + Dunestar Bandpass Filter
+ Writelog + Windows 7

Radio 2: TS850 + 80M Vee @ 40 ft + MFJ 993B tuner + Top Ten Decoder + Dunestar
Bandpass Filter + Writelog + W5XD MultiKeyer (to drive the Band Decoder) +
Windows 7

I do not have an SO2R control box of any sort - just use a pair of ear buds
with one bud from each radio-worked fine.  Very happy to find no detectable
interference or degradation of reception between radios.

73,
Ron N6EE