[3830] NAQP RTTY K3PP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3pp@k3pp.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K3PP Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 13:51:06 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:   72    28
   40:   88    33
   20:   52    21
   15:   70    21
   10:   31    14
-------------------
Total:  313   117  Total Score = 36,621

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I decided to finally really try SO2R and this is a good contest to practice the
techniques and work the kinks out of the equipment. I obviously need more
practice and I need to tinker more with the equipment, but I'm getting there!

At times, I didn't feel as loud on the high bands as I usually am. I would have
a nice run and then nothing for a long stretch. Other guys seemed to sustain
runs more effectively. I'm used to getting whooped on the low bands and kicking
butt on the high bands, but it seemed to be backwards this weekend!

The second radio really comes in handy when the runs are yielding little! 35 of
my QSOs were on the second radio.

Radio 1: Icom IC-7600
Radio 2: Icom IC-775

Antennas:
80m: Force-12 EF180BV linear loaded vertical (lower freqs)
     75m dipole about 40 ft high (higher freqs)
40m: Dipole about 50 ft high
20m: Force-12 EF-420 at 69 ft
15m: Force-12 EF-415 at 76 ft
10m: Force-12 EF-410 at 84 ft
     Force-12 EF-410 at 60 ft (fixed on SA) used little this time

Thanks everyone for the QSOs!! This is a fun contest!

VY 73 de Glenn K3PP