[3830] WPX SSB NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rick@nq4i.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:49:21 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): N4DU W4IX VE7ZO N6TR N4XL K4NV 4X6TT K4AB AG4W W4DD KD3P NQ4I
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  230
   80:  629
   40: 1933
   20: 2249
   15: 1484
   10:  552
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

160m-N4DU bands were noisy and not as much activity.
80m W4IX noisy bands,signals from EU were weak, and lots of QRN made it
difficult even the strongest stations.
40m VE7ZO,N4XL,N6TR...kept this band running 24/7...nice job guys!
20m-K4NV and 4X6TT...new station record of qso's on 20m in wpx ssb. Lots of
really good dx over the pole on Sat night. A never ending supply of contacts.
15m-K4AB and AG4W...very slow first day...but a real bounce back on Sunday.
Nearly a 1000 qso's on Sunday and even some JA's.
10m-W4DD and KD3P kept the fires burning on this band. They didn't give up and
stayed persistent. Selective openings to EU....

Record number of total qso's in WPX SSB, along with record number of qso's on
20m. I felt that both propagation and participation was down this year. Easter
weekend or just propagation. Lots of rain static here on Saturday. No major
equipment failures.

Watching CQCONTEST.RU was really fun....lots of first day, with all the
see-sawing going on.

We finished the contest with more than 2000 qso's greater than K1LZ, yet his
score is just a small amount less than ours...he has a chip shot to EU on the
low bands....and when we cannot work EU, we are having to work the stateside
boys...so from this far to the south, this contest is a domestic qso party
compared to the NE US, but this scoring favors the NE US, since they enjoy
nearness to EU. Now understand that we were on the bands 24/7 if they were
open, so its not from not trying, its from not being able.

This weekend I tried 2 new breakfast casseroles, and both were a hit with the
operators....food was good....company was good...and contesting was fun...

Two new operators to the station were Larry K4AB, and Tree N6TR....we were gald
to have both join us...I think they both had a really fun time...

Really enjoyed seeing the scores posted on the Russian site....others need to
join in...

For QSL's we will post the log to LOTW...please use LOTW for all qsl's.

73 and thanks for all the qso's in this contest. See everyone in May in WPX
CW.

de Rick NQ4I