[3830] Volta RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 08:51:06 -0700
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   80:   46    26
   40:  177    47
   20:  338    71
   15:  255    59
   10:   14    10
-------------------
Total:  830   213  Total Score = 2,147,483,647

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The above score was calculated using the number of QSOs (830) x QSO points
(13518) x mults (213).  Below is the reason for the hand calculation.

Well it happened - scored too many points and broke the &quot;Band
Summary&quot; window:&gt;)  Just kidding.  However, the &quot;Band
Summary&quot; window is locked up, but at a -1,905,120,076 pts. (WL V11.10G, OS
Win XP SP3)  Yes, that is a &quot;-1,&quot; billion:&gt;)

Approx. 30 minutes from the end of the Volta Contest, noticed the weird score.
Last time I had looked at &quot;Band Summary&quot; window, the score had been
over 2 billion points.  Suspect RF got to the code for the &quot;Band
Summary&quot; window.  (Gotta get the rats nest of wires in back of the op.
position straightened.)

Tried to recalculate the score, didn't work, Saved the log as an ADIF and
Cabrillo file (the Cabrillo file has the &quot;CLAIMED-SCORE:
-1905120076&quot;).  Closed WL, and reopened WL, selected new contest - A.
Volta.  Imported the ADIF file and ended up with the same -1..... billion
&quot;Band Summary&quot; window score.

So, lets see anyone get a lower score than that - can you beat -1.9
billion?:&gt;)

The Volta Contest scoring computer will have to come up with a score.  Hope the
Contest scoring computer accepts my claimed score of -1.... billion without
kicking my Cabrillo log out.

Otherwise, the combination of MMTTY and 2 Tone RTTY engines work very well.
Even the propagation was okay.  Including a few 10 meter QSOs, but then didn't
start until ~1800Z so may have missed best 10 m propagation.  Twenty meters was
open to Europe throughout the night although did take a + three hour nap
starting approx. 0600Z.  Forty and 80 m were noisy as had thunderstorms move
through the area earlier in the evening.  Still 80 m allowed several European
contacts (love the double points) even with the QRN.  Forty meters to Europe
was open until my 3 + hour break at ~0600Z.

The ZL an VK QSOs were very nice with the 40 points per QSO.  Thanks guys!

Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me.  All QSOs (including dupes) are
appreciated.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH